70MM Development

  • From: Andy Buck <buckwiet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: 70MM Development
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 08:51:28 -0800 (PST)

The following is minimally related to panorama. I'm just calling on
all that expertise and experience out there!

I have started shooting 70mm Tri-X in 5 meter rolls. I have a Nikkor
tank and reel. Using the same agitation as with 120 in normal tanks
which works fine (3 inversions every 30 seconds), I get uneven edge
development, i.e. denser and contrastier edges. If I cut back to 2
inversions, that problem almost completely disappears, but I'm now
getting uneven development in open areas, i.e. blotchy skies. Other
than A.not using 70mm and B. not shooting skies, does anybody have any
suggestions?

Thanks!!!