RE: creating digital panos

  • From: Varró Norbert <varron@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: creating digital panos
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 15:48:19 +0100

Sorry, all wrong.
FAT32 actually slows down the HD. It solves two problems only: FAT16 is
only good for up to 2 GB partitions and cluster size of 32 or 64k is
generally wasting space too much. (you allocate file pieces of the size
of cluster, so a 1K text file also needs 64k) That is not an issue with
200Megs picture files, actually is faster, 'cause smaller clusters means
slower data flow also.
The optimal swap file size is calculated by "mem size+16(?)Megs" So with
256 Megs you will eed around 300 Megs.
I was also able to see a 150 meg photo, but if you try to modify it, it
easily doubles file size (because undo-s).
So more mem is better.

Hope it helps
Norbert