Re: Rotating lens camera

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Rotating lens camera
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:40:54 -0500

At 08:18 PM 2/25/1999 +0200, you wrote:
>Steve,
>You've built a 360 pan camera around a Hassy Magazine and a 50mm
>lens...please could you provide details. Also I have been thinking of
>copying your ideas and building a 360 around a SWC, by driving the film
>take-up spool a la Larsen or Larscan cameras. Is this feasible?
>Craig Woods (ex QCR owner)
>photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Craig,
Anything is feasible if you have enough time.  I have found that making a
camera do something it isn't intended to do - un-designing it - is much more
work than starting from scratch. The simplicity of a rotating camera is to
be marveled at.
Making a Rube-Goldberg kluge is entertaining but not productive.

AZ