Re: camera obscura threatened

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: camera obscura threatened
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 21:22:08 -0400

At 11:10 AM 6/7/1999 -0400, you wrote:

Friends,

Here is a picture of the Giant Camera I took in the mid 80's:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/obscura.jpg

You are free to use it in any form, just be kind enough to credit Lookaround.

AZ

>                 A few of the camera's fans are rallying again. A
>                 visitor from Philadelphia is circulating a petition on
>                 the Internet to ask the registry to reconsider its
>                 status. If the camera was on the registry, the
>                 recreation area would have to take another look at
>                 its rehabilitation plans, Borjes said.
>
>                 But the fight is far from over.
>
>                 "It's like everything else, you don't realize what
>                 you've lost until after it's gone," Tacchetto said. "I
>                 just hope it doesn't come to that."
>

>                                                         Get a
>printer-friendly
>                                                         version of this
>article
>

>Feedback
>

>                 ©1999 San Francisco Examiner   Page A 1

See hand-built panoramic cameras and pictures at:
http://www.keva.com/lookaround
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874

Also at Cafe Society Gallery:
http://www.curdev.hull.ac.uk/root/cafe/cafegal.htm