Re: Is it just me? Things on the forum are so quiet.

  • From: Alan & Shari Kafton <shmooze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Is it just me? Things on the forum are so quiet.
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 06:31:13 -0700

YDegroot@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Well, I guess the summer heat has gotten to everyone?
>
> Anyway, I attended a scanning seminar hosted my Imacon, and got a sample scan
> at just 400dpi from a 6x7 side. Beautiful. Just beautiful. What a great
> scanner! Although I printed somewhat larger than the recommended print size
> as explained below (at ca. 150 dpi), it was still just beautiful......

For excellent information on scanning and printing, check out Wayne
Fulton's web site at:

http://www.scantips.com

Go to the printing chapter for an explaination of print resolution.  He
will confirm the 200 dpi figure for most printers, but claim you should
use as high as 300 dpi for the HP Photosmart printer.

--Alan Kafton