Orthographics - 2 mile subject

  • From: Andrew Davidhazy <ANDPPH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Orthographics - 2 mile subject
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:22:15 -0400 (EDT)

Unfortunately you have to imagine this one for the images are 25 foot long
35mm negatives containing the two sides of the 2 mile length of a local
historic avenue (including the George Eastman House) and so far I have been
unable to digitize such a long piece of film and make it available for web
viewing. During the making of the photo with a modified Camerz film back
(adding film drive and lens mount and slit) and driving down the avenue with
police escort blocking the side roads so we could have clear access to the
avenue ... and while we adjusted the car speed depending on the distance
between the center of the road and the front of the houses passing by. Did
the one side in the morning and the other in the evening in late winter while
no leaves blocked the view. It was an interesting ride!

cheerio,

Andy  o o  0 0 o . o  Davidhazy, Imaging and Photo Tech
       \/\/\/\/\/\/          http://www.rit.edu/~andpph