Re: Lego Pan Camera!

  • From: Alan & Shari Kafton <shmooze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Lego Pan Camera!
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 07:51:13 -0800

Alan Zinn wrote:

> At 02:27 PM 11/27/1999 -0500, you wrote:
> >Hey Ron ,
> >   Sorry you missed the Quebec IAPP convention...we had a fellow there
> >that
> >actually made a panorama camera out of all Lego block toy parts. The
> >only thing
> >that wasn't Lego was the lens and the body of the camera. He said that
> >more
> >people should be using Lego gears and motors since they are very
> >accurate. His
> >camera operated as a strip camera only, but it did work quite well.
> >Perhaps if
> >you built one too, you could photograph all the dog sleds in a line
> >taking off
> >in that big race you have up there in Alaska! Are the poodles still
> >running?
> >My best,
> >George S. Pearl, QPP
> >Atlanta, Ga.
> >
> >Ron Klein wrote:
> >
> >> NEW DIGITAL PANORAMIC BIRDHOUSE WINDCHIMES
> >>
> >> Here's a chance for you to be the first kid on the block to own and operate
> >> a PANORAMIC birdhouse windchime.  SALES potentials are FANTASTIC.  Our
> >> simple attachment will convert any conventional pan camera into an amazing
> >> work of art.  ALL cameras can be changed this way, but only the finest
> >> photographers will use the CIRKUT, NOBLEX, ROUNDSHOT, or LINHOF.
> >>
> >> This is a ONCE IN A LIFETIME chance to qualify!!!
> >>
> >> Don't be fooled by cheap imitations, this REALLY works.  SIMPLE
> >> INSTRUCTIONS.
> >>
> >> Contact us at
> >> clawhammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> guys,
> The Legocam made the trip to Quebec worth while for me - real genius at
> work.  We need to get Tom Fuller the builder to get some pictures to
> Camerabuilders.
>
> AZ
>
> NEW Scanning negative page:
> http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/
>
> Lookaround Panoramic Cameras and Gallery:
> http://www.keva.com/lookaround

Actually, the body of the camera was made of Legos too!!  It didn't look
like legos because it was covered over with very thin wood to seal out
light that would leak through the legos.  WAY TOO COOL!!

Got to run....I'm leaving for SFO to catch a plane to Japan.  Besides
boring business stuff, I hope to get half a day to look at all the
latest toys.  Usually Epson introduces their latest models around
Christmas time in Japan -- 6 months earlier than the U.S.

--Alan