Re: "Professional" Legos

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: "Professional" Legos
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 13:56:00 -0500

At 10:44 AM 12/2/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>I did a little investigating and have some updated information for any of
you out there interested in  building Lego cameras from what might be best
described as "Professional" Legos.

>The Lego company indeed still carries a professional line, they are called
"Modulex". These are not available through the www.lego.com website but
rather, through a company called:

>Visual Planning Systems
>10941 Bloomfield - Unit H
>Los Alamitos, CA 90720 USA
>562-598-2005
>
>I spoke with a Mr. Irving Simon and I should be receiving a catalog from
him within the next few days. I'll report on my findings once I receive it.
Irving said that gear-shaped pieces are not produced in this line, only
variations on the rectangle.

>He did give me a ballpark figure on costs. Depending on the size of the
pieces, a box of 100 can range from $9.00 to $36.00. They do however, have
"old inventory" which works out to be about half price.

>Cheers,
>Richard

Richard,

Now how do we explain to our spouses that we want Legos for xmas?

AZ

NEW Scanning negative page:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/

Lookaround Panoramic Cameras and Gallery:
http://www.keva.com/lookaround