Re: banding from uneven rotation?

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: banding from uneven rotation?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:29:15 -0500

At 08:23 AM 12/20/1999 -0500, you wrote:

>  Thanks for all your mail and tips.
>
>As a matter of fact i'm always looking for advice, ideas, products or others
>
>to improve my handbuilted prototypes, my knowledge and also my social life.
>If you do have any suggestions please do.
>Daniel Larin
>

>\
Daniel,

Panoramic photographers have improved social lives because so many people
want to know what they are doing with their funny-looking cameras.
I spend a good part of my time on the street explaining how the camera
works. I have to carry some prints with me. I used to get bugged by people
standing next to me and gawking - the notion that they will be in the
picture isn't obvious.  Even worse I have had people duck when the camera
turns their way.  They don't realize that the camera's vertical view is also
wide.  Now I just ask them to stand back a little. Some of my favorite
pictures include people reacting to the camera. Check out this:

http://members.xoom.com/PanoWorld/links.htm

Have an uneventful New Year,

AZ
NEW Scanning negative page:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/

Lookaround Panoramic Cameras and Gallery:
http://www.keva.com/lookaround