Re: XPan, etc.

  • From: ABellsf@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: XPan, etc.
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 16:35:07 -0500 (EST)

Dear Joel & Clayton:

I could not agree with you guys more.  We see so much in the panorama field
about the number degrees of the photos and all about the technology but in
the end it is not the camera but the creative artistry with which the camera
is used.  Most of the 360 pans that you see are awkward images that don't
make a lot sense to most viewers and many are just boring images that are
more interesting because of the camera.  As these cameras become more known I
expect we will begin to see great art emerge rather than just extra wide
angles of view.  For my work I use Noblex 150 & 35mm but Panorama is not
right for all subjects and moods so I use a Pentax 645 and Cannon 35mm when
this is the appropriate camera for the job.  Kevin Frest