Re: Printers - a list of those that can do long prints?

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Printers - a list of those that can do long prints?
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:35:20 -0500

At 12:14 PM 12/28/1999 +1100, you wrote:
>I'm in the market for a new printer and am having difficulty making a
>shortlist of mbrands/models to look at. It seems that although some
>printers can do long prints, the manufacturers don't seem interested
>in specifying exactly how long, if they mention the capability at all.
>Most dealers wouldn't have a clue, and seem unable to find out.
>
>Does anyone know of a website that lists these models properly?
>
>An "A4" printer would be fine if it can do long prints. I'm a little
>concerned about reports I've heard of fading inks. I would also like
>to be able to control costs a bit by refilling the ink myself. I
>happen to be in possession of a litre of black HP51645A ink, and would
>probably lean towards a printer that could use it!
>
>Any recommendations?
>

>Peter Shute

Go here for Epson's that print banners: http://www.epson.com/printer/

The issues regarding inks are far, far more complex than you have imagined.
Go here and wade through the posts about inks and longevity and refilling:

http://www.egroups.com/group/epson-inkjet/info.html

AZ
Have a Safe Holliday Season.
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/

Lookaround Panoramic Cameras and Gallery:
http://www.keva.com/lookaround