Re: 6x17 on 4x5

Mitchell P. Warner wrote:

> Simon seems to have only one goal:   To share his experiences, thereby giving
a sense of history, showing how some 'techi' solutions of the past and if he
has made a mistake and profited from it, to share that knowledge, thus
saving us skinned knees if possible.

That's reassuring to read, and helps me think more charitably about him. If
only that came through in Simon's own words.

For those of us who don't ask and answer what he likes, Simon's posts are
usually off-topic and off-base. He equates equipment choices with personal
worth, and spends far more time telling where he was when than what he
really did. That's not very useful.

> At 70+ years, nearly blind, paralyzed on one side of his body from a stroke, I
salute his willingness to learn computer technology so that he could share
his experiences; his quick acceptance of digital panoramic work as creating
yet another 'defination' of the type of image so difficult to limit with
definations but so easy to recognize by any layman.

Once again, I'm prepared to be wrong and apologize for offending. I'm
sympathetic to his physical limitations, and sincerely hope he recovers from
his stroke. I'm impressed that he takes time to communicate with others who
are interested in panoramic photography, assuming they adopt his definitions
of it. But damn it, Simon, stop insulting people just because you don't like
their gear.

Seems as if people either love him or hate him, and he can sure make himself
hard to love -- or even like.

-- Amanda Chase
amandachase@xxxxxxxxxxx