Re: Making Spheres From Panoramas w/Roundshot

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Making Spheres From Panoramas w/Roundshot
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:22:37 -0500

At 05:17 AM 2/16/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>I have a simple el cheapo solution to getting a bigger
>bubble.
>
>Edmond Scientific sells "wedge prisms". They are used
>for bending lasers. It is a filter like attachment
>that allows you to look 10 degrees up, then 10 degrees
>down, so you get 20 degrees wider view on your
>roundshot. They cost about $50 as I remember.
>
>Every Roundshot owner should have one. With it you can
>shoot bird's eye views. Put the camera up high and you
>can shoot down in 360 degrees.
>

>Bob

Guys,
I use the Edmonds wedge prisim (stock no. J30-265 - $39) with the Lookaround
and it works great with b/w film.  I have yet to try it with color. I have a
drawing of the mount if anyone wants to see it I have a gif file.

AZ

Lookaround Panoramic Cameras and Gallery:
http://www.keva.com/lookaround
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/

Panorama workshop 4/28-4/30
http://www.area360.com/workshop.html