Re: Making Spheres From Panoramas w/Roundshot

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Making Spheres From Panoramas w/Roundshot
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:05:37 -0500

At 08:13 AM 2/17/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>If I havn't used mine regularly, I too get banding but it seems to be
>only on the first shot. ( I am considering giving it a couple of fast
>360's to loosen up the joints abit before I load it with film) It can
>also happen if you use a NARROW slit  too!
>
>Would love to compare notes: email me direct!
>
>Gene Woolridge
>
>Tomas Johanson wrote:
>
>> Hello Alan,
>>
>> I'm interested in your drawing, can you please send it ?
>>
>> About Roundshot:
>> Is it normal to get banding on a Roundshot 220VR ? I get it on some of
>> my exposures and not on others. I use the same lenses and similar
>> exposure times.
>>
>> Tomas
>>

>> Peter Sanders wrote:

>>> Lookaround
>>> color. I have a

>> --
>> Tomas Johanson
>>
>> member of IAPP - International Association of Panoramic Photographers
>> Panorama Photography 0-360° - QuickTime VR - Roundshot - Noblex
>>
>> telePhone: 036-14 51 28
>> homePage:www.dafotech.se
>> eMail:       tomas.johanson@xxxxxxxxxxx
><!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
>If I havn't used mine regularly, I too get banding but it seems to be only
>on the first shot. ( I am considering giving it a couple of fast 360's
>to loosen up the joints abit before I load it with film) It can also happen
>if you use a NARROW slit&nbsp; too!

This may be a completely useless thought - I don't have a Roundshot - but I
have noticed more trouble with banding on my Lookarounds when the film is
too tightly coiled in the cassette for too long. You could run the film
through a couple times with the lens cap on to limber it up.

AZ

Lookaround Panoramic Cameras and Gallery:
http://www.keva.com/lookaround
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/

Panorama workshop 4/28-4/30
http://www.area360.com/workshop.html