Re: New Guy

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: New Guy
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 19:46:38 -0500

At 09:12 AM 3/31/2000 +1000, you wrote:
>Hi folks,
>I have just joined your list and new to this chat business. I don,t have a
panorama camera, I am still trying to find out what will suit my needs so
here are a few questions.
>I have been a press photographer for twenty years nearly all with 35m,
>
>1. I have a pentax 6x7 with 55mm,90mm leaf shutter, and200mm. can any of
these bits be used for the construction of a home brew panoramic?

>2. Can anyone tell me about using rotating lens cameras for aerials or is
the general design not suited to shooting from a moving platform.

>3.And of course since I DON,T have a panorama camera yet can does anyone
have one up for sale.

>Cheers Trevor.

Trevor,

Check out my web pages for a rotating panoramic camera that will work
anywhere.  Generally rotating cameras are shot from a steady level platform.
Not because they have to but because people are not used to curvey horizons
in pictures. Check out the Larscan camera for a home brew 120 camera - links
to IAPP and others on my pages.

Lookaround Panoramic Cameras and Gallery:
http://www.keva.com/lookaround

New images for feb/march at:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/

Panorama workshop 4/28-4/30