No Subject

I'm a Mamiya Press user and lucky enough to ownn the 50 and 75 lenses. I
had been thinking about how I could use the large circle of the 75, which
was designed to cover a full Polaroid frame plus more, by hacking a Press
body. It then occurred to me that simply by cutting a darkslide as a mask
for a 6x9 back, I could expose two 24 x 85 strips on a 6x9 frame, upper and
lower and then hand cut them for scanning. As the camera has no interlocks,
double exposure is usually a problem rather than an opportunity.
Has anyone tried this? It seems a cheap way to me to achieve 35mm panoramas
with a better result than most dedicated 35mm panoramic cameras which seem
to have frame widths in the high 50's.
Andrew
PS - I'm in Melbourne - anyone know where I can get 120 or 35mm pans
scanned at a reasonable price locally or, at least, in Oz?