Re: fisheye on roundshot?

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: fisheye on roundshot?
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 10:06:38 -0400

At 12:15 PM 4/15/2000 +1000, you wrote:

>> Are you talking about a true fisheye that gives
>> you a circle on the film, or a lens that will be extreme wide angle of 180
>> degrees, yet cover the frame?
>
>Both are "true" fisheyes, the full frame just has a bigger image circle.
>If you cut off the "hood" on a so called full frame and used this lens
>on a larger format camera you would get the full circle.
>
>> That may only apply to cameras that rotate on their nodal axis. Or, it may
>> not... what the heck do I know?
>
>I don'y think that would make any difference
>
>Cya
>Steve

Steve,
Well, I'll soon see, that is if the Russian outfit I ordered it from is
prompt.  Anybody ordered from Russia 2All? btw I emailed them asking about
the Horizon 205 and they replied right away that they had no info on it.

AZ

Lookaround Panoramic Cameras and Gallery:

New Graceland images for April at:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/

Panorama workshop 4/28-4/30
http://www.area360.com/workshop.html