fixed focus panoramic

  • From: Andy Buck <buckwiet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: fixed focus panoramic
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 13:20:03 -0700 (PDT)

A little help, please! This is probably a basic
question, but I'm an on again/off again subscriber.

I am building a 360 that will use a 90mm f/8 super
angulon. The actual focal length has been measured at
89.23mm, i.e. focused at infinity. It will be built
with fixed focus - for simplicity. Focusing at 15' and
closing down to f/16 gives me the depth of field I
need.

Given a focal length of 89.23mm, that distance is
increased by 1.77mm to focus at 15'. My questions:

1. Obviously, that 1.77mm should be added to the
flange-to-film distance. Should it be added to the
pivot radius, as well?

2. Should the 1.77mm be added into the film length,
i.e. rate of film movement?

After writing this, it seems like the answer to both
will be the same.

Thanks!!!!