rotational point and focal length

  • From: Andy Buck <buckwiet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: rotational point and focal length
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 11:17:49 -0700 (PDT)

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum, but being
an on again off again subscriber, I'll ask anyway. If
the answer is in the archives, please point me to it.

If rotation on the rear (or some) nodal point is so
important, why is it that cameras such as the Hulcher
(which I've used with very good results), the PanTech,
and others that use 35mm and medium format lenses in
focusing mounts, can get such sharp results merely by
changing the rate of film pull through the camera,
i.e. the rotational point, with relation to the film,
is unchanged?

Thanks!
Andy