Re: Exact fl of lenses... 220 VR

  • From: Andy Buck <buckwiet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Exact fl of lenses... 220 VR
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:40:32 -0700 (PDT)

The only thing that comes to my mind (weak and twisted
as it is) is that if your aspect ratio changes from ss
to ss, then the camera is not moving the film through
at the correct rate for the rotation speed, something
that is the most basic requirement of a rotating
camera. As Andy DH said, fl shouldn't have anything to
do with it. I've never had this problem with a Hulcher
and get very sharp images at any speed. People
complain about Hulchers being over (German)
engineered. It sounds like the Roundshot is even more
so (or maybe too under?). Please excuse my cynicsm.
Andy