Re: Roundshot Scanning

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Roundshot Scanning
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:28:38 -0400

At 03:40 AM 8/17/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello...
>
>What are people using to get decent scans from long film 35mm cameras
>like the Roundshot (I have a 35/35)?
>
>I have tried scanning 6-frame strips on a Mictotek Scanmaker 4, but I'm
>not all that impressed.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Lance
>Lance Bledsoe lwb@xxxxxxxxx
>9004 Jolly Hollow Drive
>Austin, Texas 78750 512-257-2900

Lance,

I am very pleased with my Umax PLIII.  See my web pages for scanning info. I
use only negative material for panos but have had no problems with 35mm
slides. It works with Magicscan/Binuscan software. I have only made prints
in the 8in. high range but am sure they will enlarge much bigger.

AZ

New b/w street pans 8/8/00
Lookaround Panoramic Camera and Gallery:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/

Bob Talbot's Vagabond Camera web page
 http://www.st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk/vagabond/

Where's the camera? http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/passcam.html