Flatbed Scanning

I have been using an Epson 1200 flatbed scanner with transparency adapter for
negatives and slides up to 4x5, and occasionally an image that will not lay flat
on the glass.  Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to flatten the image?
Earlier I thought someone on the list may have mentioned anti-newton glass.  Is
this effective?  Where is it available?

Allen Lefebvre
Canada

View the photography of Allen Lefebvre at:
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/alefe/