Re: Flatbed Scanning

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Flatbed Scanning
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 09:05:42 -0400

At 08:48 PM 8/20/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>I have been using an Epson 1200 flatbed scanner with transparency adapter for
>negatives and slides up to 4x5, and occasionally an image that will not lay
flat
>on the glass.  Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to flatten the image?
>Earlier I thought someone on the list may have mentioned anti-newton glass.  Is
>this effective?  Where is it available?
>
>Allen Lefebvre
>Canada

>View the photography of Allen Lefebvre at:
>http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/alefe/

Allen,

I use the anti-newton ring glass for all my pano negs.  It works great. I
have a strip about 3 x 10 in. I'm going to get a sheet to replace the
scanner glass someday.

Get it at Focal Point:

http://www.fpointinc.com/index3.htm

AZ

New b/w street pans 8/8/00
Lookaround Panoramic Camera and Gallery:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/

Bob Talbot's Vagabond Camera web page
 http://www.st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk/vagabond/

Where's the camera? http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/passcam.html