Re: 360 deg. slide-projector ?!

  • From: ADavidhazy <ANDPPH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: 360 deg. slide-projector ?!
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:04:18 -0400 (EDT)

Once a student and I did some projections into a translucent glass sphere using
a fisheye lens adapter on a motion picture projector that, if I recall
correctly, was quite interesting.

Scanning projectors may not be the best solution to projection. Better, I
think, to convert to a spherical doughnut shaped image and then project with a
cone or other auxiliary device to an instantaneous 360 degree projection. This
enables easy image changes as well. I would suspect you'd want to make the
"dupes" on something larger than 35mm stock ... maybe 2 1/4 or 4x4?

Andrew  o o  0 0 o . o  Davidhazy, Imaging and Photo Tech
         \/\/\/\/\/\/          http://www.rit.edu/~andpph