----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2000 9:26 AM

Dear Mr. Wulff!

I need your advice. I am an architectural historian. I have a Linhof 4 x5" that I seldom use. I need mainly 35 mm slides for my lectures and recently my publishers are looking for visual material submitted on CD. Having a Nikon 2000 slide scanner I use mainly my Canon F1N that I adore. My Canon FD 17mm lens was recently stolen. 24mm is not enough. Now what should I do?

Buy a second hand canon FD 14MM lens, or opt for the Cosina Voigtlander Heliar 15mm? (THe Canon 17mm lens was not great.)
In terms of weight and price it comes to the same. Only measuring light will be a nightmare with the Bessa and putting to the floor I would not enjoy the detachable prism of the F1N.

IN addition to that having a Bessa and some other 100 gramm lenses my shoulders would be relived. Of course, my Sonnars adopted to Canon are unavoidable for tele shots. For interiors, however, and some general shots I could leave the SLR at home. I am ofter on journeys visiting buildings where I cannot use trypod, so the Zeiss Biogon with its f8 aperture is out of my scope.

What is your opinion?

Many thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Rudolf KLEIN