Re: Stereo panoramas

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Stereo panoramas
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 08:19:16 -0500

At 01:44 PM 10/29/2000 +0200, you wrote:
>I have been approached by a client to do some stereo panoramas. I am
>anticipating making stereo pairs using a Pentax 67 with a 45mm lens. What
>would be the minimum distance between lens axis's(axes?) Does anyone know of
>a forum as good as this one on stereo photography? My other problem is that
>they would like to see wid life stereos as well and that would involve long
>lenses. As I work it out the separation gets greater and greater with lens
>length until I have to shoot with radio control. e.g. one formula suggest
>1/30 of lens to subject distance. With bated breath.
>
>Craig Woods
>PO Box 91
>Honeydew 2040
>South Africa

Craig,

Here is the email for one:

listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

in body of message write only the following material and no more:
SUBSCRIBE PHOTO-3D your-real-name-here
where it says: your-real-name-here substitute in your real name and send msg.
- discussion about stereo and 3D photography

____________________

Have you decided how you are going to view a stereo panorama?  You may find
that you can see only a portion of it at a time.  Vertical pans work fine.

Here is my stereo pan camera:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/lkster1.html

AZ

New for November: "High and Low" b/w street pans.
Lookaround Panoramic Camera and Gallery:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/
keyword.com: lookaround

Where's the camera? http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/passcam.html