RE: Negative/positive scanner / Re: XPan image scanner

  • From: Varró Norbert <varron@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Negative/positive scanner / Re: XPan image scanner
  • Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 18:05:36 +0100

Opps,

I managed to answer a question old....2 years! (Its getting late in the
office this Friday afternoon...better go down to the pub)

But the topic is never old:
"Wed 10/25/00 5:02 PM Folks,  Does anyone know of a 35mm film scanner usable
on a Macintosh that
will scan entire unmounted XPan images (negatives & transparencies) shot in
panoramic mode (24mm X 65mm) in one pass? )"
So the answer is ever since:
It is often not the scanner but the software. Try www.hamrick.com and
download his Vuescan software.
It handles many types of scanners and tweaks many of them to use longer
formats.
E.g. I am using the HP Photoscan v1, originally not capable for panoramas
with this software and it works good (until the last version which is
somewhat not fully supporting this type)
Pick one type of scanner from the list that you can afford and voila.

Good luck,
Norbert