Re: Digital Cirkut Cam?

> A year or so ago I remember a fellow on this list was building a digital
> panoramic camera with, if memory serves me correctly, a Marstek hand held
> scanner. Are you still on this list? If not does anyone else have his email
> address?

Scott,

That would be me. I have described my experiments in this area at:

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/text-better-scanner-cam.html
BETTER QUALITY SCANNING DIGITAL CAMERA
This is a work-in-progress and an offshoot of the article below. Work is based
on the use of a linear CCD array removed from a cheap hand scanner and
installed in a 35mm camera body for doing peripheral, panoramic and image plane
scanning.

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/text-demo-scanner-cam.html
DEMONSTRATION QUALITY SCANNING DIGITAL CAMERA
This is a report on how a simple Kodak Snapshot scanner was "gutted" and the
remains adapted to a traditional 35mm camera to demonstrate image plane
scanning photography, as well as panoramic and peripheral photography.

adios,
andy

Andrew  o o  0 0 o . o  Davidhazy, Imaging and Photo Tech
         \/\/\/\/\/\/          http://www.rit.edu/~andpph