Re: Napa housing for IAPP Convention

  • From: IAPPPresident@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Napa housing for IAPP Convention
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:55:33 -0500 (EST)

The San Francisco area with all it's Dot-commers is premium real estate and
hotel rates are at a premium.  Nearby Napa is also very expensive.  We are
darned lucky to get the hotel at $90 per night for single or double
occupancy.  The other option was the Marriot starting at $130 to $140 per
night.   And I'm really sorry we're not getting the Culinary Institute to
cater our banquet for $150 per person minimum, though they have catered with
custom wine blending for as much as $650 PER PERSON.  Ouchie-wah-wah!!!  All
the price tags around here are encrusted with zeroes.

The board is doing it's best to keep costs down for members.  We are well
aware that some of our members are not wealthy.  Heck, when I  joined IAPP
and went to my first convention I slept outside in my pickup truck + camper
shell and other members looked and sniffed and offered me the use of their
showers.  The next time I camped on someone's floor.

Liz Hymans,
IAPP President

In a message dated 2/14/01 1:53:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,