Re: Peleng fisheye (was: question)

  • From: Marco Pauck <pauck@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Peleng fisheye (was: question)
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 00:51:22 +0100

> lyz wrote:
>
> Dear All:
>    Does anyone know of 8mm'Peleng len? the len is really cheaper. I try to
> shoot spherical panoramas 360x180,but I can't get good one.

I'm also just considering buying one for the same application.
There are several dealers selling this lens. Have a look at
http://www.geocities.com/belshop/index.html
http://www.peleng-club.co.uk/

>    Does anyone can give me suggestions about 8mm'fisheyes Peleng len or other
> 8mm'fisheyes lens? which one is good and cheaper?

Well, it depends ... ;-)
The 2.8/8mm Nikkor might be better but is also *far* more expensive.

>From the comments from other users, the Peleng seems to be not
only the cheapest full-circle fisheye but also have a quite good
quality, surely good enough for screen-size VR panos. Just see:
http://www.photographyreview.com/reviews/35mm_lenses/product_5997.asp