Re: 50 >> 360 degrees

  • From: Joe McCary <mccary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: 50 >> 360 degrees
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 12:02:50 -0400

>We arrive at the end, nothing more to search, all is in, just play with,
>and exercise your brain.

WELL SAID Michel!

Some people find it hard to understand many different aspects of
photography; so be it.  While the 360° image may not be what humans can see
in an instant, that should not deter us from creating images that span more
than our limited vision.  Authors write books that span more than a human
life, why can't photographers create images that span more then a person can
see.  Just because an image is "difficult" to understand does not mean it
does not have anything to say.

When I first picked up a panorama camera, I did so BECAUSE it offered a
different way to see the world. I was looking (and still am) for images that
expanded my horizons, panorama photography in all of its variations does
that.  So I can enjoy a simple wide picture or a sweeping pan or an entire
360° and even virtual hemispheres, they are just new ways of seeing our
world around us!

Give me more images that I must stop and think when I view.

Joe McCary