Re: Cirkut lenses

dear dick- i can tell you how to match focal lengths to ones used for prints you possess. if this get through contact me off list. if you don't see this it is a test for our "censor." i have never been a card carrying member of the iapp. simon/wide

Dick Streff wrote:

I'm in the planning stages for a rephotography project of Cirkut photos
of local historical interest. I've been in contact with the state
historical society and will be evaluating their collection in the near future.

It strikes me from the outset that it may be tricky selecting the proper
focal length lens to replicate the scenes as nearly as possible. I've
read an earlier thread in the list archives that concerned estimating
the angle of view of old Cirkut photos. Ron Klein's suggestions about
the standard lenses provided with outfits seems to be a great starting
point. It will be a good way to narrow the possibilities.

I'm hoping to compile a list of the lens focal lengths supplied by EKC
with Cirkut cameras in the 6", 8" and 10" formats. So far from the list
archives and other sources I've come up with the following.

6"Cirkut Outfit-                ?

8" Cirkut Outfit-               11"-18" Rapid Rectilinear Convertable
                                        10.5",18",24" Turner-Reich Convertable

10" Cirkut Camera-              10.5",18",24" Turner-Reich Convertable
                                        10", 15.5", 20" Convertable

Can anyone add to or refute any of my list so far?

Also, some time ago I put out a plea for junk rolls of 8" film. I didn't
get any response but am still looking. At $32 bucks a roll I can't
afford to waste a new spool checking the transport of the camera and
practicing with the modified Patterson reals.  I've been keeping an eye
out on eBay, but apparently old Cirkut film has reached collector
status. Someone had a roll from the 60's with an opening bid of $40, sheesh.........????

Thank you,

Dick Streff