Re: Ilford Film?

  • From: Robert Kent <rlylekent@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Ilford Film?
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 10:03:13 -0500

on 4/9/01 9:52 AM, Lyndon Fletcher at uablyfl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have found the descussions about Ilford film very interesting. I have
> searched their website numberous times looking for details of "none
> standard" (ie not 35mm, 120, 220) film sizes and found nothing.
>
> I have modest needs compared to you guys, I just need HP5+ in 70mm
> sprocketless, long roll, something that I would have thought was a stock
> size. Is there an Ilford webpage somewhere that details none "standard"
> offerings?
>
> Lyndon

Lyndon,
    The Ilford website doesn't list any non-standard sizes, but if you read
their propaganda about the company it speaks of how flexible their
facilities are for production and their willingness to cater to special film
needs.  I'm investigating just how flexible.
    In regards to unusual size film in general, perhaps individuals with
like needs could make group orders at certain intervals of time if this
would improove price and availability.

Rob