Re: Where are you?

  • From: MIKE GRACE <amazing50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Where are you?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:27:25 +0000

Getting into Canada for any type of business event with
professional photo equipment is no problem. The nice customs
officer will want to know where you are staying etc. Don't
however try to bring any type of GUNS or other weapons,
defensive or not, like Mace or stun guns, into Canada or the
nice customs agent will become upset, even if you're an FBI
agent.
Yes we do have lots of electricity and exchange from US
currency is very attractive. Due to duties taxes etc. Asian
products are cheaper in Canada than the US so you may be going
home with more than you came with.
Oh yes, and most of us are overly polite. If you bump into a
Canadian on the street they will usually apologize for being in your way.
Mike Grace
Kitchener Ontario, Canada

Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 05:25:06 -0700 (PDT)

However, I've been told, recently, by a commercial
photographer that getting into Canada, at least from
the USA, with anything that resembles professional
equipment is nearly impossible. Apparently, they are
very protective of their professionals' careers.

Andy