S3D Re: fed VS fedboy

  • From: Bill Costa -- Network Info Srvs <bill.costa@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D Re: fed VS fedboy
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:49:26 -0400 (EDT)

> Last time I checked, the FED BOY was available from Kalimex
> in the Czech Republic. You have to wire the money to them or
> something like that. I thought it sounded sort of risky and
> have never heard of anybody who actually ordered a camera from
> them.

      I did this lst year.  It took a while (about 3 months) and a
      lot of e-mail.  Kalimex claimed that their bank claimed to not
      have received the wire.  Finally my bank had a trace done and
      the wire was `found' and the camera arrived.  I'm very happy
      with the FED and carry it with me almost all the time -- something
      I am not willing to do with my much more expensive RBT S1.
      I think the FED represents a lot of bang for the buck -- its
      most frustrating feature is not knowing what shutter speed/aperature
      it is using when shooting in automatic mode.

                                                       Later....BC

--
| Bill Costa                                          |
| 33 College Road -- CIS       PHONE: +1-603-862-3056 |   No good deed...
| University of New Hampshire    FAX: +1-603-862-4778 |    goes un-punished.
| Durham, NH  03824-3591  USA                         |
+-----------------[ http://pubpages.unh.edu/~wfc/ ]---+