S3D Hold the phone - Line Length???

  • From: Bob_Maxey@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: S3D Hold the phone - Line Length???
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 12:56:15 -0600

>From George:

>>Also, please put a limit to your characters per line as your messages
(without line >>breaks) are not readable from certain mail readers.>>

>From The Other Guy:

>>As for line length of my posts; Does Word Wrap not function for all
newsreaders? If not, >>I apologise to the group for any offense (though for
the life of me, I cannot see how a >>long line of text could possibly be
offensive...).

Hold the phone a minute. At the risk of getting yelled at, I have never
considered the length of a line as being any problem issue for list
moderators, or the members who read the list. I also have never read a
complaint about line length. It is really a non-issue from my perspective.
So if there is a problem, I think the entire list needs to be warned and
made aware that if their lines are possibly too long, and they need to fix
it before there is a warning. I also do not think line length is covered in
the rules of the list, but I will certainly stand corrected and humbled if
this is something I have missed in reading the rules.

I do not want to start any arguments here and I am certainly not finding
fault with the moderator, but if there is indeed a problem or concern,
please post some additional information.

Respectfully,

RM