S3D Re: K-II or Red Button

  • From: bob Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D Re: K-II or Red Button
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 18:05:23 -0600

>Oops. My reply was not intended for the list. Sorry. -Linda

That's ok - all this talk of Red Button viewers reminded me
of how I got my second one - my mint version came with the
Realist I inherited from my folks, but I found the second
one (with the usual crack in the Bakelight at the end of the
slide slot) at a flea market/antique mall about 10 years ago.
The guy had it priced at $15, which I said was outrageous, so
I bargained him down to $7. That was back about the time that
stereoviews were going for 25 to 50 cents, unless you had
a "hot" subject like racial or trains or something similar.

Ah, the good ol days...

--Bob Wier

       mailto:wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       6:04 PM Thursday, August 5, 1999