S3D re: I would like to buy... (at the moment)

  • From: Gabriel Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D re: I would like to buy... (at the moment)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:47:14 -0700

>Has anybody (does anybody know where I could find?)
>a Fuji beam splitter assembly (attachement & viewer)
>for disposable cameras? a sample is on
>http://www.cnam.fr/hebergement/scf/fuji.jpg
>Sergio

I have that particular one! That's cause it's my picture! :-)
I bought it a few years ago from Rocky Mountain, when Joel
Alpers was running the business (it's now run by Paul Talbot!).
Joel sold out whatever stock he had a long time ago.

The beamsplitter was never officially available in North
America. I believe someone in Japan send Joel a bunch of them
to resell. Funny thing was, at the time he was carrying it,
the disposable camera made for the beamsplitter, was not
available in North America! People (like me) bought them
mainly for hacking purposes.

Luckily I kept the beamsplitter intact because a few years
later they introduced the dispoable camera (that fits the
beamsplitter) to the North America market. Regretfully they
didn't bring the beamsplitter over also.

Now before you get disappointed, I have to tell you that
the quality is not very good and I would pass on it. I would
recommend, if you want to go this route, to get the
Argus/Loreo. It's a slight improvement over the Fuji
beamsplitter. Better yet, if you STILL want to go the
beamsplitter route, get a Pentax beamsplitter if you have
an SLR (much better quality).

Maybe some of the other beamsplitter FANatics, can steer you
to another appropriate beamsplitter (stereo-adaptor, for the
purists!)

Gabriel