S3D Super 8mm stereo movie in ebay

  • From: "Dr. George A. Themelis" <DrT-3d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D Super 8mm stereo movie in ebay
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 05:16:46 -0700

I am selling my two "Audioscopiks" stereo Super 8 Movies:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=258936321

These are FANTASTIC stereo movies, an important part of the
history of the Stereoscopic Cinema. The first "Audioscopiks"
was released on January 11, 1936 by Pete Smith of MGM. R.M.
Hayes in his book 3-D Movies writes: "Smith threw in his
witty commentary to tie the unrelated shots together and the
film was a substantial success." When I saw the movies in
1998 I was stunned and rushed to get my own ELMO projector
just to share these movies with my family. The format is
anaglyph (glasses supplied with the movies), the stereo
effects are great and the documentary is hilarious!!! If
you have a Super 8 movie projector with good sound and
even a passing interest in stereo photography, don't pass
the opportunity to own these two movies!!! (200' in 400'
spools each, plus 2 pairs of glasses).

-----

I paid $91 to get these new two years ago and never
opened them!  If you miss them from ebay, I recommend
contacting Dave Thomas to see if he still stocks them:

Dave Thomas
RD 4 Box 130A
Greensburg PA 15601
Phone/Fax: (724) 668-7645

-----

And if you don't have a good super 8 projector, here
is a great one :-):

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=258929232

George Themelis