S3D FS: Stereo Camera Book and Tapes by Jess Powell

  • From: "Dr. George A. Themelis" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D FS: Stereo Camera Book and Tapes by Jess Powell
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:37:31 -0700

I have created a web page for the Stereo Camera Repair
Books & Tapes by Jess Powell:

http://home.att.net/~drt-3d/catalog/Powell/

Jess is a well-known stereo camera repairman and author of
stereo camera repair books.  He will work on about any stereo
camera.  He is known for good service, quick turnaround and
reasonable prices.  His latest adventure in the world of stereo
camera service is a unique series of video tapes.

These are about one hour long, during which Jess shows how to
 take the camera apart and repair common problems.  This is a
"home production" (please do not expect a professional presentation)
but there is a lot of information, worth acquiring if you are serious
about repairing a specific stereo camera.

The following tapes are available for $29.95 ea. plus shipping:

T1 - Realist
T2 - Kodak
T3 - Revere/Wollensak
T4 - Busch Verascope F40
T5 - TDC Colorist I & II
T6 - Kindar
T7 - Stereo Graphic
T8 - Iloca II
T9 - Realist 45
T10 - Tower
T11 - Tools and where to Buy
T12 - Evaluation of Stereo Cameras

Jess tells me that Jess tells me that this last one is a good one,
two hours long. It is not a detailed repair tape but 12-13
cameras are discussed and compared to each other.

Books:  These are 70-120 pages (5.25x8.5 inches) and contain
general information about each camera from Jess' unique
"Repairman's View". NOTE: THESE ARE NOT DETAILED
REPAIR MANUALS. Some information is common between books:

Priced at $15.95 ea. plus shipping.  Available Titles:

B1 - The Realist (78 pages)
B2 - The Kodak (98 pages)
B3 - Revere/Wollensak (136 pages)
B4 - Busch Verascope F40 (95 pages)

Emailed me if you would like to order any of Jess Powell's Books
or Tapes.

Thank you,

George Themelis
DrT-3d@xxxxxxx