S3D You'll think I'm nuts! - Check this out!

  • From: "Dr. George A. Themelis" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D You'll think I'm nuts! - Check this out!
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:28:54 -0700

OK, here is something for the real collector...

I have put my Realist book, copy no. 2 for auction in ebay.
Some of you might know that my Stereo Realist books are
numbered and signed individually.  Last time I checked I was
mailing books with serial numbers in the 310s.

When I got the first copies out I gave the low numbers to people
who helped me but kept numbers 1 and 2 for myself.  My intention
was to keep no 1 for me and auction no 2.  No 1 will stay with me
for as long as I live.  No. 2 is in ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=263599168

It does not have any reserve and starts at $5.  I hope it sells for
more than the $35 that a regular copy costs today, but you never
know...

The final price will tell me if collectors see any significance to this or
they see it as a "promotion scam"... I have not fudged any numbers
and a lower copy will never show up for sale for as long as I am
around.  I'll let you know how it goes. BTW, I have made no
attempt to record who has bought which copy number.

The wife and cat will follow later...

George Themelis