S3D Re: Why is the PayPal important...

  • From: EightxTen@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: S3D Re: Why is the PayPal important...
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:04:28 -0700

In a message dated 3/9/2000 8:54:53 AM Pacific Standard Time, DrT-3d@xxxxxxx
writes:

> If that works out, sellers who now accept credit cards will
>  switch to PayPal.  Instant transfer of money, no fees!
>  Who can ask for anything more?

If I'm wrong about this, please correct me.  But isn't there a transaction
fee paid by the buyer - something like $5 per transaction?  If this is the
case, then the world will be a much better place for the seller - but a bit
more of a hardship for the buyer.  Especially when you consider that PayPal
will not limit a buyer's liability (in transactions gone awry) as the credit
card companies do.

gary d.