S3D head 'em up, move 'em out

  • From: Bob Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D head 'em up, move 'em out
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 23:26:14 -0700

Due to recent discussions, and recent developments, I've decided
it's time to go ahead and move photo-3d, tech-3d, sell-3d, and sd-3d
over to egroups/onelist.

Although recent events have had the effect of "pushing me over the edge",
the MAIN reason I need to do this is that I've become chair of computer
science and am getting very pressed for time to do nuts and bolts
administration of the list.

Some thing to note:

-For the time being, I will remain your humble semi-moderator,
approving joining the list (but see below), but not the messages.

-I will continue to archive postings - however of necessity
the format will change. In my version, I'll probably continue
to do digest type files. These will continue on Calcite.

-If the ads get too onerous, perhaps we can work out some kind
of subscription donation scheme, or in a pinch I can move the list
back onto the server here.

-Ditto if egroups/onelist goes belly up or changes their terms of
service to the point that it no longer meets the lists' needs.

-I'll run open subscription for a few days so I don't have to
approve 1,000 attempts to subscribe there, but it will go to
an approval basis by the end of the week in order to control
spam.

-This will update the list so that only current valid addresses
are used (I'm handling a BUNCH of exceptions at the
moment on weird addresses which is a headache).

-No attachments will be permitted (same as now)

-The charter of all 4 lists remain the same.

You can send to the list (e-mail) at

photo-3d@xxxxxxxxxxx

once you are subscribed. To subscribe, go to

http://onelist.com

or send a blank e-mail to

Photo-3D-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

You'll need to do this (fill in the blank) for

photo-3d
sell-3d
tech-3d
sd-3d

I anticipate some kinks in getting set up, so the Calcite based
lists will continue to operate for a few days.

One other note: there is photo-3d at BOTH egroups and onelist.
I set up the egroup list in 1995 - never used it. The onelist
groups are the active ones (dated Dec 29th, 1998).

THANKS

              Bob Wier
     mailto:wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   11:11 PM Monday, March 13, 2000
        Unix/Internet Administrator
   Rocky Mountain College, Billings MT.
 keeper of the Photo-3d and Overland-Trails
mailing lists and the USA GPS Waypoint server