S3D Re: RE: S3D Re: 3D Book FS

In general, it's a bad idea to send credit card info by e-mail anyway, even
if you address it only the right person.  E-mail is not a very secure
communication channel.  Messages potentially get routed through dozens of
machines on the Internet before they reach their destination.  Anyone along
the way could be getting credit card numbers (not to mention e-mail
addresses) along the way.

-pd

At 05:28 PM 3/15/00, you wrote:
 >You know it is sort of an odd thing, we give our
 >cc numbers to people we don't know, all the time.
 >Certainly to people I'd trust less than members
 >of this list. But better safe than sorry.
 >
 >(not that any of this is my business, just being
 >a buttinski)
 >
 >HB
 >

 > > cancled.
 > >
 > > This makes my list of the dumbest things I've
 > > ever done.  Actually, another list that I am
 > > active on, 'reply to user' replies to only
 > > the originator of the message, as the headers
 > > are written differantly.  I caught this
 > > out of the corner of my eye, right after hitting
 > > 'send'.
 > >
 > > Jon, The number is no good.  Dooohhhhh.

--------
                              Peter Davis
                Funny stuff at http://www.pfdstudio.com
                "The artwork formerly shown as prints."
            Resources for children's writers & illustrators:
                   http://www.pfdstudio.com/cwrl.html