S3D CC & e-mail

>In general, it's a bad idea to send credit card info by e-mail anyway, even
>if you address it only the right person.  E-mail is not a very secure
>communication channel.  Messages potentially get routed through dozens of
>machines on the Internet before they reach their destination.  Anyone along
>the way could be getting credit card numbers (not to mention e-mail
>addresses) along the way.
>
>-pd

I've had to do it a couple of times, although not recently. Probably
the most nervous was sending a CC number to England. What I did
that time was to break the number up into 3 pieces, sending them
out of order, 1 day apart on each.

I *much* prefer secure web links now, though.

              Bob Wier
     mailto:wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   9:51 PM Wednesday, March 15, 2000
        Unix/Internet Administrator
   Rocky Mountain College, Billings MT.
 keeper of the Photo-3d and Overland-Trails
mailing lists and the USA GPS Waypoint server