S3D another try

The popular "Spicer" mounting jig is returning for
an encore!  :-)

After an extended hiatus, the popular mounting jig
from Down Under will be making another appearance on
our shores.  A small batch of jigs will be produced
and available in the U.S., on a one-time basis, as a
result of a collaboration among Steve Spicer, the
Sydney Stereo Club, and me.  The availability date
is not yet known, but I am hopeful they will be here
before the convention in Mesa.

If you are not already familiar with the mounting jig,
it is a handy device that allows easy alignment of
stereo chips in "non-restrictive" stereo mounts such
as the precision (and dust-free!) cardboard mounts
sometimes known as "Spicer" mounts.

The jig features four adjustment screws for setting the
two "reference edges" so that:
  a) they are level; and
  b) film chips from your camera are in proper
     vertical alignment.

Once the alignment is set, you place a cardboard mount
on the jig, push it down against the "locating edge,"
place your two film chips against the reference edge,
slide the chips left and right as needed to set a correct
window, and then tape them to the cardboard mount.

While specifically designed for our precision, smooth-
surfaced mounts, the jig should also work well with the
"tabbed" heat seal mounts.  Not every stereo image
should be mounted with the chips right where those
tabs try to force you to put them!  ;-)

For a picture and more information, point your browser to:
http://www.rmm3d.com/supplies/spicer_jig.html

For pricing and ordering information, please see Sell-3D
or visit our web site.

Paul Talbot