[sell-3d] WTB: Stereoviews of Boston Coliseum & Gilmore's Band

  • From: Heliconman@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [sell-3d] WTB: Stereoviews of Boston Coliseum & Gilmore's Band
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 23:06:48 EST

From: Heliconman@xxxxxxx

  I'm researching Patrick S. Gilmore (1829-1892), author of "When Johnny
Comes Marching Home" and founder of the 2 peace jubilees held in Boston in
1869 & 1872, of which there were a number of stereoviews taken. A coliseum
was built for each event, but both being built mainly of wood, did not last
more than a year. Stereoviews seem to mainly focus on the coliseums' interior
& exteriors, but I've seen others of Gilmore's Bands, either from Boston or
New York. The Famous 22nd Regiment Band of N.Y. was under Gilmore's
leadership. Perhaps there are also stereoviews of Gilmore's Garden in N.Y.C,
formerly known as (P.T.) Barnum's Hippodrome and later known as Madison
Square Garden.  Perhaps there are also stereoviews of the Times Square New
Year's Eve celebrations between 1873 & 1891 or pictures of his band playing
at Coney island in the same time period. Please let me know about any and all
Gilmore related pictures, coins or medals, cylinder recordings or other
memorabilia including music stands from the jubilees or brass horns bearing
the Gilmore name!!!
Thanks VERY much!
Heliconman@xxxxxxx

MAXIMIZE YOUR CARD, MINIMIZE YOUR RATE!
Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as
Apply NOW!