[sell-3d] R: [No attachments if you can help it!!

  • From: "Sergio Baldissara" <winter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [sell-3d] R: [No attachments if you can help it!!
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:40:38 +0200

From: "Sergio Baldissara" <winter@xxxxxxxxxx>

I apologise if I'm usurpating moderator's job, but I run another list since
longer, so perhaps my experience of ONElist can help.
Reception of attachment can be disallowed simply by switching to the
"digest" mode (you can do that from the "mygroups" page of myOnelist. This
is also a good way to reduce reception of attached ads or banners (egroups
will attach just one at the end of each digest).
Of course anybody posting attachments must be warned they won't reach many
members.
Sergio
>    Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 19:17:02 +0600
>    From: "Hans A.J. Middendorp" <ajhans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: No attachments if you can help it!!
>
> >Some folks might not want to receive a lot of imgage files in email
> >since their inboxes might have limits.  Posting to the Files section
> >might be neat and then refer folks to the file on onelist via post.
> >
> >Brian David Phillips, Ph.D.                    [phillips@xxxxxxxxxxx]
> >Assoc. Prof., English Dept., NCCU             Taipei, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
> >

> Please no attachments. I have already enough trouble downloading as it is.
> When the line breaks before finishing the pic, I have to go through the
> same ordeal again... (at 2,400 modem speed).
>
> Yours respectfully, from the bush and a bad analog telephone line...:-)
>
> Hans
> -

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application