Re: [sell-3d] PayPal vs BidPay

  • From: Linda Nygren <lnygren@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [sell-3d] PayPal vs BidPay
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 18:05:11 +0000

Just a comment about BidPay: it is *only* for auctions, not for other
transactions such as sell 3d or other independent transactions.

And a question about the issue that Harry  raised about payers backing
out of transactions after the fact and the seller getting debited. Has
this actually happened to anyone? If you read the terms of use

https://secure.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=account/terms

transactions are supposedly non-reversible and non-refundable. But then
later it says that if Paypal does get stuck for a "charge back" they
will first try to charge it again to the buyer ("sender"), but leave
open the option of charging it to the seller ("recipient"). Confusing.
Then if the buyer does back out they "may" lose their PayPal account.

Thanks for pointing out this potential risk, Harry. -Linda

Harry Poster wrote:

> PayPal works--but it seems to have a major problem that
> could make a seller reluctant!
>
> Once they credit your account with a sale, if a buyer
> decides to rescind the payment and calls his credit card,
> PayPal will debit you $10--even if the buyer just changed
> his mind 60 days later!
>
> Plus, PayPal will debit you the complete amount, if the
> buyer convinces the card company to cancel the purchase...so
> on a $45 item, you COULD be charged $55 ($10 plus $45), and
> the buyer would still have the item!!!  This might never
> happen...but...I find that there are a few flakey buyers out
> there.
>
> With BidPay.com, you pay a small fee as a buyer, and then
> they just send out a money order which can not be
> cancelled---Harry

> GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 2.9%
> Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!

DON'T HATE YOUR RATE!
Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as
Apply NOW!