Re: [sell-3d] last-second bidding

  • From: Michael Kersenbrock <michaelk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [sell-3d] last-second bidding
  • Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 20:39:09 -0700

> I should probably point out that I DON'T use anything like this... That is
> why I lose to so many of you so often! =) HUM...

You only lose to me if you had bid lower than my bid amount.  If you
had bid higher than my bid, you will still win.  The only thing my bidding
at the last minute helps me with is to 1) keep people who bid lower
than they're willing to from doing so  (which they could
fix by just bidding the maximum at their actual maximum) and
2) keep from bidding up the run-time price, "feeding" those who
have auction-itus and are bidding higher than they'd ordinarily
want to, but  are committed to winning at any cost.

I used to use the-Oracle which was a very very nice program,
but the author seems to have disappeared and necessary
updates halted.  Don't think he promoted his superior product
properly.  I now use Bidsniper Pro which I "won" on ebay
itself, much more crude, but works and was cheap.

Mike K.

DON'T HATE YOUR RATE!
Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as
Apply NOW!